Session of the Month!
April's Session of the Month: Playing out from the back!
Playing for Volda TI, it is important that players understand their roles and responsibilities when playing out from the back. We want to teach our players how we can achieve this. Below are 5 examples of teams playing out from the back and how we achieve it. Then further on is a session you can use with a 3D animation to explain our style of play.
Key Points when playing out from the back:
- Centre backs split wide and deeper from the keeper.
- Full backs stay higher and wider.
- Midfielder should drop into the lower space.
- Opposite midfielder holds the mellomrom.
- Switching play quickly to unbalance the opposition to create space in the mellomrom/bakrom.
Positioning from the back 11v11
Positioning from the back 11v11 Example 1:
Positioning from the back 11v11 Example 2:
Positioning from the back 11v11 Example 3:
|Positioning from the back 11v11 Example 4:||Positioning from the back 11v11 Example 5:|
7v7 Small Sided Game: Positioning from the back
Click here for the Session Plan